Friday, July 26, 2013

We're Gettin' Married!

It feels like it's been forever since I've blogged. I guess there hasn't been a whole lot of interesting stuff going on lately.

We are mostly settled in the house. Still need to unpack a few boxes, clean out the old garage and finish up the bathroom in the basement. It's lovely. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and how homey it feels. We've even had house guests. Matt stayed over for the housewarming party. Kelly & Alex came all the way from Chicago for a visit, Momma Ruth stayed at our place when the family was in town. And Lisa and Riley came up for a few days. Pleased to say the baby stayed safe and sound in our very un-baby-esk house.

I swear one of these days I'll go a whole day without thinking about the upcoming wedding. Hasn't happened yet, but someday it might.

Justin and I just finished officially asking our wedding party to join us for our big day. They all gleefully accepted and we are so pleased.

We each created a special box with "wedding day" essentials in them for the party people.

Sideways : You get the point. I painted each of the boxes with our wedding colors & the girls names. 


I even wrote a little note about how special they were and how much it would mean if they would stand by me. 


Inside the box I included:
-Tissue (cupcake print of course)\
- A little notebook for notes
- A coral nail polish (Elle's box had a mint colored polish in it)
- A mini manicure kit 
- A ring pop (of course!)
- and a swatch of our wedding colors. 
Each of the girls also got a pin with their role on it. The box pictured below is Lisa's (her daughter Riley is going to be our flower girl so she got a button too)
- OH! And chapstick, in mint obviously. :) 


Justin's boxes included all of the essentials as well. 
-Booze
-Button 
-"Top Secret" Note
- Mustache Shot Glass
and a save the date. 


His boxes turned out super awesome. I loved the look of the ammo boxes. 


His note was really sweet and well thought out.  


I stole this picture from Greg's instagram account. He was pretty excited. :) 



It means the world to us to have some of our best friends and family by our side. Thanks guys! 




I guess that's it for now. I have work to do.




TagLine*ChapstickAndBooze






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love, ideas, or a funny joke :)